Friday, June 3, 2011

DAY 2

DAY 2: A PICTURE OF YOU AND THE PERSON YOU HAVE BEEN CLOSEST WITH THE LONGEST

This girl is three things:
1. She could piss the hell out of  me.
2. She could manipulate me like no one can.
3. And she could turn my mood into rage blackouts.

But she's my dearest sister. A year my junior. We've shared several things TOGETHER. Baptismal (Yes, I was 1 year old when I was welcomed into the Catholic fold), birthdays, punishments (I swear she's almost the one with the evil schemes), clothes (pretending to be identical twins), shoes (Hurray for identical footsie sizes), school things and a lot more. And up to now, we're still roomies as we have been since we were banished from the marital bed.

It's having a sister almost my age that makes life more interesting. We're brutally honest with each other and I can always rely on her opinion on what looks great on me and not. And being her sister, she can be assured that I am one of the few people in the world who can give her the most constructive criticism many would feel awkward to say to her face. No need to sugarcoat anything. 

I have four sisters and I love them all equally but this is my sister who has been my very first best friend. My earliest memories, and the gazillion photos prove how my life is chronicled with hers. I was never the lone child. I had always a playmate, confidante and friend with me. And I remember how totally unfun it was to be stuck at home having been prohibited to go out but thankfully, having a sibling ease the boredom. We always had a grand time, just the two of us. Now that we're older, somehow I could not fathom how my life would be like without her. It's like a simple mathematical equation really, it just "cannot be."

And everyday may seem like a battle between us with the constant bickering and fights on a daily basis. Sometimes we may go off to bed with grudges but it is by her that I have proven that truly, "Love means not having to say you're sorry." For the many times I have hurt you, know that I could never bring myself to hate someone I have loved for so long.

XO,
Miss E

2 comments:

  1. den, I can feel jud ur inspired writing this blog =) so happy and indescribably kaayo ang content.. It's Love jud geng and selos q wala qy sistah hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. "For the many times I have hurt you, know that I could never bring myself to hate someone I have loved for so long."

    ni kurot aqng heart...

    ReplyDelete